Flaming June! It certainly got hotter last month and July in Spain has started with mercury rising rapidly and us getting a little hot under the collar. Everyone back in Ireland and the UK think this means we just head to the beach – if only!
Workdays are still just that – and my laptop never gets a day off – it’s autonomo, remember?! 😉
So, I’m sharing a few hacks that keep my laptop cool whilst I whizz around social media– because believe me, if it stops – then there’ll be trouble!
1. You know how your glasses mist up? Well, your laptop does that too, on the inside. So when you move from aircon to heat it suffers. If you have to do that then close it down and start it up in the different temperature.
2. Treat it like the baby and the dog – don’t leave it in a hot car. Laptops have ‘safe’ ranges when it comes to temperature. 10 to 35 degrees Celcius are the safe limits.
3. Your screen won’t benefit from an all over tan so if you really have to work in the sunshine then sit in the shade.
4. Despite the name – don’t use it on your lap (says she typing on her lap) Use a cooler stand or your desk, beds are a no-no. Unless you want an indoor BBQ with you as the main meal.
5. Here in Spain up in the mountains we get, well, mountain weather, and a storm can appear out of nowhere. So remember to unplug your laptop and your router.
Autonomo – self employed