The rolling foothills of the Alpujarras region of Andalusia are still a pretty well-kept secret. Step away from the sand of the Costa Tropical and wind your way uphill, where a patchwork quilt of open countryside – most of it unchanged since Moorish times – unfurls before you, as far as the eye can see. Most first-time visitors describe their worries and stresses falling away as quickly as the coast drops below them. Roads where you’re unlikely to meet another vehicle snake up and around the mountainsides, calling you to explore more…
Pack and go
Pack your boots, sensible layers of outdoor clothing and come and join our recommended Walking Tour operator Spanish Highs, as they show you around this time-forgotten area, and introduce you to a traditional Spanish area you will unlikely forget. Make some memories that last long beyond the suntan, and meet a destination you will wish to return to, time and again.
The walking routes
With the sparkling blue Mediterranean sea at your feet, way below, and the Sierra Nevada mountains as the snowy frame, walking in the Alpujarras is a visual pleasure. Your senses will be instantly revived also, with the scent of fresh mountain herbs trampled underfoot, and the clear, clean air.
Come on an Alpujarras Escape Walking Holiday
- 5 days of the best walking and hiking tours in the Alpujarras!
- Any dates between September and June (inclusive)
- 7 nights in 3* hotel accommodation in Lanjarón
- Choose between 2 fine hotels
- Experienced local mountain and walking guides
- Most days can be extended or shortened as necessary to suit the group
- Shorter breaks available on request.
- Optional (May to Oct) is an ascent of Mulhacén, the highest mountain in mainland Spain (3482m)
Level of challenge
Expect altitude gains of about 400m to 850m ascent and between 5 and 7 hours of walking per day. Bring sensible clothing and good hiking boots. Hiking poles are useful. Sun hats, sun glasses, sun block and a water bottle are essential.
Want to know more? Contact us: via our Contact Page or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel +44 7505 753259 by prior appointment (email) only please.